The Do’s And Don’ts After A Car Accident In Rhode Island
If you have been involved in a car accident in Rhode Island, you need to understand what steps to take to preserve your rights and ensure that you are fairly and fully compensated for your damages and losses.
Many people are confused after a car crash and do not know what they should and should not do to receive compensation for their financial damages. Contact a knowledgeable attorney to determine what steps you should take after your car accident in Rhode Island to protect your rights.
Speak with a Rhode Island car accident attorney at Robert E. Craven & Associates to determine the right course of action following your motor vehicle crash.
5 Things You Should Do After a Car Accident in Rhode Island
Do all of the following things if you have been involved in a car crash:
- Get medical care as soon as possible, even if you think that you were not injured
- Help other people who have been injured in the accident
- Call the police and get a police report
- Take photographs at the scene of the accident
- Write down the names and contact information of the witnesses
Your attorney will help you preserve your rights and determine the steps you should take to get maximum compensation.
5 Things You Shouldn’t Do After a Car Accident in Rhode Island
Avoid doing the following things following your car accident:
- Leaving the scene of the crash without reporting the accident
- Admitting your fault at the scene or saying that you are “sorry”
- Signing any documents provided by the insurance company without consulting with an attorney
- Not contacting an experienced car accident attorney to discuss your rights and options
- Discussing your case with anyone other than your lawyer
Avoiding the above mentioned mistakes can help you strengthen your claim.
Why You Need an Attorney After a Car Accident in Rhode Island
After you have been involved in a car crash, you should consider contacting an attorney to discuss your case. At Robert E. Craven & Associates, our knowledgeable attorneys offer free consultations so that you do not have to worry about the legal costs.
A consultation with a car accident attorney in Rhode Island is critical to help you better understand your rights and know what you should and should not do when handling your personal injury claim.
Each case is unique, which is why your car accident attorney will develop the right course of action that fits your particular situation. Our goal is to help you obtain the compensation to which you are entitled and protect your rights.
Your car accident attorney will help you take care of the legal aspects of your claim, including filling out forms, collecting evidence, and negotiating with insurance companies, while you can focus on your recovery.
Our attorneys at Robert E. Craven & Associates have decades of experience handling car accident claims and helping clients in Rhode Island get the maximum compensation they deserve. Call 401-453-2700 to discuss your particular situation.